meeting Nov 4, 5:30pm?

Douglas Guptill
Hi all:

I hope there is a meeting tomorrow at unCommon Grounds?

Regards,
Douglas.

Re: meeting Nov 4, 5:30pm?

Frank Geitzler
Sorry, I won't be able to make it tonight.

I am presently not driving at night -recovering from my first cataract
surgery, and my second will follow in a couple weeks.

Frank Geitzler

On 2019-11-03 9:54 p.m., Douglas Guptill wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I hope there is a meeting tomorrow at unCommon Grounds?
>
> Regards,
> Douglas.

Re: meeting Nov 4, 5:30pm?

Douglas Guptill
Hi Frank, list:

On Mon, Nov 04, 2019 at 11:01:30AM -0400, Frank Geitzler wrote:

> Sorry, I won't be able to make it tonight.

Thayne and I were planning to bus it over from Dartmouth.  1.5 hours
there, another hour after the meeting to get back to the Dark Side.
However the list of attendees is looking sparse.  We have set 2:00pm
as decision time.

Thanks for the reply,
Douglas.

> I am presently not driving at night -recovering from my first cataract
> surgery, and my second will follow in a couple weeks.
>
> Frank Geitzler
>

> On 2019-11-03 9:54 p.m., Douglas Guptill wrote:
> > Hi all:
> >
> > I hope there is a meeting tomorrow at unCommon Grounds?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Douglas.

Re: meeting Nov 4, 5:30pm?

Joel Maxwell
Hi all,

It would be safe for me to suggest that you (Douglas) and Thayne would
be the social gathering, and likely not worth the 2.5 hour round trip
just to choose a (Un)common spot for it.

My apologies for my not making it.  I am on the recovering end of what
virus struck me, but I am still feeling one sleep away (or so) from
being around others (if I can help it).

On Mon, 2019-11-04 at 11:30 -0400, Douglas Guptill wrote:

> Hi Frank, list:
>
> On Mon, Nov 04, 2019 at 11:01:30AM -0400, Frank Geitzler wrote:
>
> > Sorry, I won't be able to make it tonight.
>
> Thayne and I were planning to bus it over from Dartmouth.  1.5 hours
> there, another hour after the meeting to get back to the Dark Side.
> However the list of attendees is looking sparse.  We have set 2:00pm
> as decision time.
>
> Thanks for the reply,
> Douglas.
>
> > I am presently not driving at night -recovering from my first
> > cataract
> > surgery, and my second will follow in a couple weeks.
> >
> > Frank Geitzler
> >

> > On 2019-11-03 9:54 p.m., Douglas Guptill wrote:
> > > Hi all:
> > >
> > > I hope there is a meeting tomorrow at unCommon Grounds?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Douglas.

Re: meeting Nov 4, 5:30pm?

Douglas Guptill
Hello Joel, All:

On Mon, Nov 04, 2019 at 01:55:46PM -0400, Joel Maxwell wrote:

> It would be safe for me to suggest that you (Douglas) and Thayne would
> be the social gathering, and likely not worth the 2.5 hour round trip
> just to choose a (Un)common spot for it.

Agreed.  We have called off the journey to Halifax.  Thank you for the
confirmation.

Thayne and I are both long-time lurkers; and attended a few meetings
some years ago.  We look forward to meeting fellow nslug'ers again,
perhaps another time when it is more convenient for all.

> My apologies for my not making it.  I am on the recovering end of what
> virus struck me, but I am still feeling one sleep away (or so) from
> being around others (if I can help it).

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Regards,
Douglas.

> On Mon, 2019-11-04 at 11:30 -0400, Douglas Guptill wrote:
> > Hi Frank, list:
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 04, 2019 at 11:01:30AM -0400, Frank Geitzler wrote:
> >
> > > Sorry, I won't be able to make it tonight.
> >
> > Thayne and I were planning to bus it over from Dartmouth.  1.5 hours
> > there, another hour after the meeting to get back to the Dark Side.
> > However the list of attendees is looking sparse.  We have set 2:00pm
> > as decision time.
> >
> > Thanks for the reply,
> > Douglas.
> >
> > > I am presently not driving at night -recovering from my first
> > > cataract
> > > surgery, and my second will follow in a couple weeks.
> > >
> > > Frank Geitzler

Re: meeting Nov 4, 5:30pm?

Oliver Doepner
I also wish Joel a full recovery.

It is good to hear that Douglas and Thayne are interested in an
in-person meeting.

We discussed before how the Uncommon Grounds location seems to no
longer anyone's favourite.

I suggested gathering at my home (in Fairview / Clayton Park), where I
can serve much cheaper, yet fair-trade organic coffee or other drinks,
and we can enjoy the comfort of our living room, our wifi, music or no
music of our collective choice, etc.

Via Mackay bridge my home can be reached relatively quickly from
Dartmouth, if you have a car, that is.

What do you guys think?

Oliver Doepner
http://odoepner.github.io/

Re: meeting Nov 4, 5:30pm?

Martin Bruchanov
> What do you guys think?

It works for me better. Since I have become daycare daddy, it is quite difficult to join.

BruXy