Updated Website

Joel Maxuel
A bit of old and new. (Or, what once was, is again.)

https://nslug.ns.ca

The schedule is now listed to the end of 2019 (albeit a bit jumbled in Lynx).

Anyone who wishes to maintain the web page, please let me know (basic knowledge of the command line, git, ssh, and HTML preferred).

The initial steps are a bit involved compared to the ikiwiki, but there is a lot more flexibility (and some security benefits in the process).

Re: Updated Website

bob callaghan
I noticed the site says you're in need of signs posters Etc?

Re: Updated Website

Joel Maxuel
That is right, if/when we have tech talks again.

Currently organizing space to do so is the greatest challenge, with volunteers to present a topic a close second.

I did not change too much of the old site text to cover certain bases, and to leave possibilities open (although the old site mentioned we had tech talks every other month instead of the social event so some things had to be fixed to today's reality).

I am curious, since the Halifax Computer Club gets reasonable space monthly, that if a Linuxy or related topic comes up here, we can tech talk it in partnership with the HCC (as long as HCC considers it a reasonable topic) at one of their events.

This would have been mentioned at least in part before, with members of both HCC and nSLUG (besides myself).

Seems like the easier solution in these times when it is difficult for nSLUG to get free space.  Let me know if this is an agreeable route.  There is a tentative topic for the July HCC I believe but no plans for the end of August.  If anyone has an idea to present then, feel free to pass it forward.

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018, 14:54 bob callaghan, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I noticed the site says you're in need of signs posters Etc?

Meeting space

Mike Spencer

Since I'm way out of town and get to meets only rarely, I'm hardly in
a position to know what is, and what isn't a good suggestion.

It occurred to me that the Halifax Makerspace might have some
overlapping or common interests with NSLUG.  Their venue is at 275
Rocky Lake Drive (Unit 19) in a warehouse unit in Bedford.  No idea if
they have any digital infrastructure but they might.

Also don't know if that's reachable on public transport, has good
parking or may be at the wrong end of a traffic jam for most people.
Just a thought.

Joint meets with the HCC sound like a good idea.  But distance and
inertia will probably keep me home.  Too bad.

- Mike

--
Michael Spencer                  Nova Scotia, Canada       .~.
                                                           /V\