Polycom vvx 150

William Haggerty
Hey gang,

I just got a lot of 10 polycom vvx 150 phones, thought I might ask if there is anyone who might be toying with pbx at home who needs a phone or two.

Will Haggerty

Re: Polycom vvx 150

Znoteer-2
Hi Will and all,

I'm a lurker currently from Montreal[1] so you've never seen me at a meeting
(though I have been hanging around with the <cough> crowd </cough> (there
have been from 1 to 3 other people online with me since I started signing in
to the channel) in #nslug on IRC.

I'm putting myself in dream mode .oO(Maybe after the NS gang has a go at the
lot there will be leftover and Will will be favourable to throwing a couple
in a box for Canada Post after having received adequate and verified
compensation...)

I run an Asterisk instance at home.  At the moment I'm using analog phones
with a Digium daughter card that has modules for two phones and one POTS
line.  (I never populated the 4th slot on the card.) It'd be fun to play
with some IP phones.

I am aware this is a bit far out and may sound a bit risky since you don't
know me, plus I realize there is considerable less appeal to finding a box,
packing the phones, addressing it properly and going and waiting in line at
Canada Post than to showing up to a meeting and letting everyone take what
they want, but like I said, I'm in dream mode, so I won't be offended if
this is impossible.  :)

Znoteer
[hidden email]

"Twas the night before Christmas when all through the house...
"Znoteer was nestled all snug in his bed,
"While visions of Polycoms danced in his head..." :D

[1] My first LUG was VLUG in Victoria.  Then I moved to Vancouver and
started hanging out with VanLUG while staying subscribed to VLUG.  At some
point along the way after that something happened to LUGs and they started
disappearing.  As a perpetual noob always seeking help, this was alarming.
I started signing up to Canadian LUG mailing lists whenever I discovered a
new one :)

In 2017 I started to volunteer with the local committee organizing DebConf17
which was held in Montreal.  One of my tasks was reaching out to Canadian
Linux geeks, so I went searching and managed to discover a couple more LUGs
surviving still in Canada.

And, that, ladies and gentlemen, is the footnote about how I ended up
subscribed to your mailing list.

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 08:28:37AM -0400, Will Haggerty wrote:
> Hey gang,
>
> I just got a lot of 10 polycom vvx 150 phones, thought I might ask if there
> is anyone who might be toying with pbx at home who needs a phone or two.
>
> Will Haggerty

Re: Polycom vvx 150

William Haggerty
No sweat. It has been a long time since I have gone to a meeting due to work scheduling conflicts. I have been following the mailing list for a number of years though.

Boxes shouldn't be much of an issue, I am always going through cardboard due to my work, The packing material may be more difficult.

I have not toyed with bare asterisk, I run my own FreePBX instance for my business, have a couple Sangoma & Yealinks in my collection that I toy with.

(Missed the mailing list with my last message)

Will Haggerty

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 10:54 AM Znoteer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Will and all,

I'm a lurker currently from Montreal[1] so you've never seen me at a meeting
(though I have been hanging around with the <cough> crowd </cough> (there
have been from 1 to 3 other people online with me since I started signing in
to the channel) in #nslug on IRC.

I'm putting myself in dream mode .oO(Maybe after the NS gang has a go at the
lot there will be leftover and Will will be favourable to throwing a couple
in a box for Canada Post after having received adequate and verified
compensation...)

I run an Asterisk instance at home.  At the moment I'm using analog phones
with a Digium daughter card that has modules for two phones and one POTS
line.  (I never populated the 4th slot on the card.) It'd be fun to play
with some IP phones.

I am aware this is a bit far out and may sound a bit risky since you don't
know me, plus I realize there is considerable less appeal to finding a box,
packing the phones, addressing it properly and going and waiting in line at
Canada Post than to showing up to a meeting and letting everyone take what
they want, but like I said, I'm in dream mode, so I won't be offended if
this is impossible.  :)

Znoteer
[hidden email]

"Twas the night before Christmas when all through the house...
"Znoteer was nestled all snug in his bed,
"While visions of Polycoms danced in his head..." :D

[1] My first LUG was VLUG in Victoria.  Then I moved to Vancouver and
started hanging out with VanLUG while staying subscribed to VLUG.  At some
point along the way after that something happened to LUGs and they started
disappearing.  As a perpetual noob always seeking help, this was alarming.
I started signing up to Canadian LUG mailing lists whenever I discovered a
new one :)

In 2017 I started to volunteer with the local committee organizing DebConf17
which was held in Montreal.  One of my tasks was reaching out to Canadian
Linux geeks, so I went searching and managed to discover a couple more LUGs
surviving still in Canada.

And, that, ladies and gentlemen, is the footnote about how I ended up
subscribed to your mailing list.

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 08:28:37AM -0400, Will Haggerty wrote:
> Hey gang,
>
> I just got a lot of 10 polycom vvx 150 phones, thought I might ask if there
> is anyone who might be toying with pbx at home who needs a phone or two.
>
> Will Haggerty

Re: Polycom vvx 150

Zachariah Gibbens-2

Nice offer, but it's a small apartment here & I'm already running a grandstream dp750 with 4 handsets, which is overkill.

Zach Gibbens

Hey gang,