NSLUG Meeting Monday evening?

Frank Geitzler
Does anyone plan to attend the NSLUG meeting Monday evening? Joel, do
you think you will make it?  The turnout the last few months is been
very small.

Frank

Re: NSLUG Meeting Monday evening?

Joel Maxuel
Hi Frank,
I plan to be there, however only until around 6PM.

On Sat, Nov 3, 2018, 16:32 Frank Geitzler <[hidden email] wrote:
Does anyone plan to attend the NSLUG meeting Monday evening? Joel, do
you think you will make it?  The turnout the last few months is been
very small.

Frank

Re: NSLUG Meeting Monday evening?

Mike Spencer

wrote:

> Does anyone plan to attend the NSLUG meeting Monday evening? Joel, do
> you think you will make it?  The turnout the last few months is been
> very small.

Not I.  I try to get to meets when I happen to be in town, usually
feel bad that I don't get to more.  But I just can't get it together
for a 70 mile drive into the city for a kaffe klatch, however
stimulating the company.

I have driven in for a couple of the planned instructional meets but I
gather a well connected and equipped venue is no longer easy.

I'd be interested in, say, a session with someone well versed in
iptables.  I have something that appears to work cobbled together but
I'm not confident that I fully understand what I'm doing, never mind
what I'm not doing that I should be.  That will presumably become more
urgent when I upgrade from dialup to something faster.  (RSN :-)

A perfectly normal November NS wind is turning the power on and off,
thanks to the Emera policy of replacing rural maintenance with "fix it
when it breaks".  Using my laptop, USB->serial adapter. Hate the
keyboard but hey, it *does* work.

--
Michael Spencer                  Nova Scotia, Canada       .~.
                                 (902) 543-8375            /V\