Looking for some retro HW

Martin Bruchanov
Hi guys,

I am struggling to find any old motherboard with the ISA bus (preferably Socker 7). I have found some, but I am unable to boot (looks like the IDE controller died, but BIOS can detect HDD). I have bought kit of Adlib soundcard (I always wanted to have this card):

But looks like the biggest problem is to find old PC to use it :)

I am also looking for an RGB CRT monitor like Commodore 1084 (but currently have at least Sony PVM).

I am wondering if there is also some collector of old computers? I have brought Sinclair ZX Spectrum this year with DivIDE interface (I have more Sinclairs, Amiga 1200 and Atari Falcon, but did not bring it to Halifax yet).

Regards,
BruXy

Re: Looking for some retro HW

Richard Bonner

On Sun, 3 Nov 2019, Martin Bruchanov (BruXy) wrote:

> I am struggling to find any old motherboard with the ISA bus
> (preferably Socker 7). I have found some, but I am unable to boot
> (looks like the IDE controller died, but BIOS can detect HDD). I
> have bought kit of Adlib soundcard (I always wanted to have this
> card):
>
> https://monotech.fwscart.com/AdLib_Sound_Card_Assembled_or_DIY_Kit/p6083514_19478748.aspx
>
> But looks like the biggest problem is to find old PC to use it :)
>
> I am also looking for an RGB CRT monitor like Commodore 1084 (but
> currently have at least Sony PVM).
>
> I am wondering if there is also some collector of old computers? I
> have brought Sinclair ZX Spectrum this year with DivIDE interface (I
> have more Sinclairs, Amiga 1200 and Atari Falcon, but did not bring
> it to Halifax yet).

***   I love old technology and have many old computers. I may be
able to help you.

    Joel: Might you be available to come into the shop on Monday, the
11th?

  Richard