Looking for an Apple Imagewriter II printer.

Looking for an Apple Imagewriter II printer.

Frank Geitzler
I have a friend who is looking for an Apple Imagewriter II printer for
his father.

I know it was released in 1985, and discontinued in 1996, but if anyone
knows if there is anyone who has one sitting on a shelf somewhere who
would be interested in parting with it, please let me know.

Thanks,

Frank

Re: Looking for an Apple Imagewriter II printer.

Gerard MacNeil-4
A fine practitioner of the "stick with the technology you know" crowd
needing to adapt anyway, I am afraid.

I would suggest an alternative printing procedure for the occasional
page that requires a hard copy print. Select 'Print to File', save it as
a PDF. Copy the PDF to a USB and take it to Staples or other convenient
spot for printing. No more printer issues; a backup of every page
printed; no smell of ink at home; it comes highly recommended via
observation ... a 3 - 5 page a week requirement satisfied by a regular
user that used to print herself.

On 2018-03-27 10:43 PM, Frank Geitzler wrote:

> I have a friend who is looking for an Apple Imagewriter II printer for
> his father.
>
> I know it was released in 1985, and discontinued in 1996, but if
> anyone knows if there is anyone who has one sitting on a shelf
> somewhere who would be interested in parting with it, please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Frank

Re: Looking for an Apple Imagewriter II printer.

Joel Maxuel
As someone who scans more than prints, access to a high-output printer (outside the home) seems the reasonable choice.  My printing is limited to "tax-time" in recent years, and that kind of load makes a lot more sense to binder all the bill/statement documents into one PDF, and duplex that sucker somewhere else.  I print them at home for "convenience" this year, but it takes a lot of "print one page, flip it, print the next" and repeat.  About 14 pages (bills) I have left in electronic format since the need for them is too low (already on printed bank statements).

I am more likely to have a paper grab issue with this brand than an ink problem, so when that day comes, it may just be left for it's flatbed function.