IRC / Chat / Discord

Daniel MacKay-2
Is there still an #nslug IRC channel on irc.oftc.net ??? or, has the cat moved? to discord perhaps?

Re: IRC / Chat / Discord

Malcolm MacDonald
There is DefCon902, which is where is InfoSec / hacker types hang our hats. Might be able to spin up a Linux specific channel.

Malcolm MacDonald

Is there still an #nslug IRC channel on irc.oftc.net ??? or, has the cat moved? to discord perhaps?

Re: IRC / Chat / Discord

Daniel MacKay-2
There is DefCon902, which is where is InfoSec / hacker types

Hey, I’m an infosec hacker type! Hook me up!

Re: IRC / Chat / Discord

Malcolm MacDonald
I’ll send you an invite when I’m back in front of my PC!

Malcolm MacDonald

There is DefCon902, which is where is InfoSec / hacker types

Hey, I’m an infosec hacker type! Hook me up!

Re: IRC / Chat / Discord

Malcolm MacDonald
Here's the link to the DC902 Discord!

Re: IRC / Chat / Discord

Joel Maxwell
#nslug still lives on OFTC, though not a lot of use these years.

Though as part of some CLI communication/groupware tools I have been
slowly working through, I will likely have some persistent presence in
the near future (even if I am away from desk most of the time)./

On Fri, 2020-06-26 at 18:17 -0300, Daniel MacKay wrote:
> Is there still an #nslug IRC channel on irc.oftc.net ??? or, has the
> cat moved? to discord perhaps?

Re: IRC / Chat / Discord

Znoteer-2

On Wed, Jul 01, 2020 at 10:27:02AM -0300, Joel Maxwell wrote:
> #nslug still lives on OFTC, though not a lot of use these years.
>
> Though as part of some CLI communication/groupware tools I have been
> slowly working through, I will likely have some persistent presence in
> the near future (even if I am away from desk most of the time)./

/me, a lurker from Montreal, just joined the channel.  I'm thrilled that
LUGs like this still exist.  I've seen several dwindle and die as I moved
around the country.  I'm now a follower of whatever LUGs in Canada I can
find as they are so rare.  As a perpetual bridesmaid (newbie), never a bride
(sysadmin), I find groups like yours a constant inspiration and source of
info.

Thanks for pointing out the irc channel.

--
Znoteer