Halifax Computer Club (HCC) meeting Wednesday, July 25th, 2018

Halifax Computer Club (HCC) meeting Wednesday, July 25th, 2018

Frank Geitzler
Our next meeting will be Wednesday, July 25th, 2018, at Sobeys on
Windsor St. in Halifax.  I understand that the meeting topic will be
hardware/electronics repair, but feel free to bring up anything else you
wish to discuss as well.  Guests are welcome, and here is the website
for the meeting schedule:

http://hcc.chebucto.org/meetings.html

Hope to see you there.

Halifax Computer Club (HCC) meeting Wednesday, August 27th, 2018

Frank Geitzler
Our next meeting will be Wednesday, August 27th, 2018, at Sobeys on Windsor St. in Halifax.  I understand that the meeting topic will be
"A Primer into BitCoin and other Cryptocurrencies".

A preamble: "The proposal for BitCoin is based on the idea of a currency where it can be maintained without a central authority and in a trustless (maintained by anyone, yet infeasible to falsify or forge transactions) environment.  To create a supply that carries very controlled and pre-calculated growth (until all coins are "mined").  To have something of value out of nothing to be bought, traded, and sold (just like traditional currency).  This presentation touches on how the idea of a ledger - mixed with cryptography - has attributed to BitCoin, and countless other cryptocurrencies.".

However it may be the case that electronics repair may continue (Andy's laptop/Tony's amplifier) and share this time slot if Tony is available that night.

Guests are welcome.  The website for the meeting schedule follows:

http://hcc.chebucto.org/meetings.html

Hope to see you there.

Correction Re: Halifax Computer Club (HCC) meeting Wednesday, August 29th, 2018

Frank Geitzler
It was brought to my attention that I had the date incorrect on my message yesterday.  The day was correct, but the date is the 29th, rather than the 27th.  The website 'Meetings' page correctly showed that the meeting will be Wednesday, August 29th, 2018.
Sorry for the confusion.

Our next meeting will be Wednesday, August 29th, 2018, at Sobeys on Windsor St. in Halifax.  I understand that the meeting topic will be
[...]

Barbara Van Schroder E-Mail Address?

Richard Bonner
Morning, Frank.

    May I have Barbara Van Schroder's e-mail address? She wants me to
contact her regarding a computer problem, but I don't have that
address in my database.

  Richard