HCC meeting August 30th, 2017

Frank Geitzler

The July 2017 meeting of the Halifax Computer Club had an interesting demonstration of the Raspberry Pi (version 3) by Andrew Cornwall of the HCC, and another of the original Raspberry Pi by Oliver Doepner of the NSLUG group.

We do not yet have an agenda for the August meeting, but if anyone from either group has anything you would like to present, discuss, or just ask questions about, please drop me a note and we can see about putting it on the agenda and updating the meeting page again.  The next meeting of the HCC is scheduled for Wednesday, August 30th, at 7:00 P.M. in the Community Room at Sobeys Grocery on the corner of North & Windsor St. in Halifax.  The current meeting page has been updated, and can be found online at:

        http://hcc.chebucto.org/meetings.html

Or you can just look below:

MEETINGS SCHEDULE

For the Halifax Computer Club
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Meetings are held January through November, usually on the last Wednesday of every month (except December).
The meetings start at 7PM in the Windsor Street Sobeys Community Room, located at 2651 Windsor Street Halifax, NS, Canada.

The room is wheelchair accessible. (Image: wheelchair
        symbol)

Wednesday, August 30th, 2017 (Confirmed)

Topics: to be determined

Future Meeting Dates:

  • Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 (Confirmed)

To see previous club meetings and agendas,
visit the Past Meetings.

HCC October meeting November , 2017

Frank Geitzler
We do not yet have an agenda for the October meeting, but if anyone from either group has anything you would like to present, discuss, or just ask questions about, please drop me a note and we can see about putting it on the agenda and updating the meeting page.  Because of scheduling problems with the meeting room, the October meeting of the HCC is actually scheduled for Wednesday, November 01st, at 7:00 P.M. in the Community Room at Sobeys Grocery on the corner of North & Windsor St. in Halifax.

It would be useful to be aware before the meeting the names of those who might plan to attend the meeting (no commitment, of course, plans are what you make before life happens).

The current meeting page has been updated, but is subject to change if we could get some suggested topics.  It can be found online at

        http://hcc.chebucto.org/meetings.html

Or you can just look below to see how it looks at the time of this message.

MEETINGS SCHEDULE

For the Halifax Computer Club
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Meetings are held January through November, usually on the last Wednesday of every month (except December).
The meetings start at 7PM in the Windsor Street Sobeys Community Room, located at 2651 Windsor Street Halifax, NS, Canada.

The room is wheelchair accessible. (Image:
          wheelchair symbol)

Wednesday, November 01st, 2017 (Confirmed)

Topics: to be determined

Future Meeting Dates:

  • Wednesday, November 29th, 2017 (Confirmed)
  • There will be no HCC club meeting in the month of December, 2017

To see previous club meetings and agendas,
visit the Past Meetings.

Re: HCC October meeting November , 2017

Richard Bonner

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017, Frank Geitzler wrote:

> It would be useful to be aware before the meeting the names of those
> who *might *plan to attend the meeting (no commitment, of course,
> plans are what you make before life happens).

***   So far, I am unbooked that night and plan to attend.

  Richard

Re: HCC October meeting November , 2017

Joel Maxuel
I plan to be there as well.
Richard, maybe you can bring your Debian laptop with you so we can go over the Xinput woes*?

*For those out of the loop, xinput replaces synaptic, affects newer linux distro versions until the desktop environments catch up (but can be kludged at the command line)

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017, Joel Maxuel wrote:

> I plan to be there as well.
> Richard, maybe you can bring your Debian laptop with you so we can go over
> the Xinput woes*?

***   Sure. Thanks.

  Richard

HCC Christmas Pot Luck Wednesday, November 29th, 2017

Frank Geitzler
The last Halifax Computer Club meeting of the year has traditionally been the Christmas Pot Luck, when some of us bring our friends and family  It has been suggested that we invite the members of the Nova Scotia Linux User's Group to join us.

It would be useful to know the names of those who plan to attend, and who will bring a contribution to the pot luck, so appropriate preparations can be made.

Please RSVP.

The current meeting page, which was updated today, can be found online at

        http://hcc.chebucto.org/meetings.html

Or you can just look below to see how it looks at the time of this message.

MEETINGS SCHEDULE

For the Halifax Computer Club
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Meetings are held January through November, usually on the last Wednesday of every month (except December).
The meetings start at 7PM in the Windsor Street Sobeys Community Room, located at 2651 Windsor Street Halifax, NS, Canada.

The room is wheelchair accessible. (Image:
              wheelchair symbol)

Wednesday, November 29th, 2017 (Confirmed)

Annual Christmas Pot Luck

Topics: to be determined

Future Meeting Dates: