Fwd: Visitor needing help

Jas Eckard
Hello, fellow Linux Users!

My name is Jas Eckard, I am a fellow Linux User living in South
Carolina, USA, and I will be visiting your fine province the last week
of May.  I noticed that your regular meeting is the first Monday of
the month, so I am disappointed that I won't be able to attend, but I
was wondering if there is anything Linux- or computer-related in the
area that last week of May that I could do during business hours,
while my wife is at work?  Conferences, computer clubs, training?  I
understand the lobster is amazing, so I'm looking forward to that, but
I'd like to also feed my mind.  :^)

--Jas
 .
..:

Re: Fwd: Visitor needing help

Joel Maxuel
Hello Jas!

I was about to suggest the Halifax Computer Club, as the schedule for their meetings is the last week on the month (for May that is Wednesday, the 30th) but then I read the "business hours" part (the HCC runs from 7PM to 9PM, at the Sobeys grocery store community room at the corner of North St and Windsor St).

I am unsure of any upcoming conferences, there is a security expo that runs some time in the summer I believe, but conferences would probably be the best bet for business hours (given the right week).

The Halifax Central Library may have workshops of interest that week, during the day as well (such as 3D printing).  Or maybe the schedule will just have a vaguely BSD result on the tech front:

Hope this helps. :^)

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 3:23 PM, Jas Eckard <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello, fellow Linux Users!

My name is Jas Eckard, I am a fellow Linux User living in South
Carolina, USA, and I will be visiting your fine province the last week
of May.  I noticed that your regular meeting is the first Monday of
the month, so I am disappointed that I won't be able to attend, but I
was wondering if there is anything Linux- or computer-related in the
area that last week of May that I could do during business hours,
while my wife is at work?  Conferences, computer clubs, training?  I
understand the lobster is amazing, so I'm looking forward to that, but
I'd like to also feed my mind.  :^)

--Jas
 .
..: